It's time for the fest we've ALL been waiting for! YES -Welcome to 'Unconventional Courtship 2016'!
'Unconventional Courtship' is a panfandom fic fest where you write and post a 1000w+ fic based on a M&B/Harlequin plot. Fics will be posted to this community, staggered through June 2016 (from the 1st to the 30th).How to play:
It's as simple as:
1. Sign up! All you need to do is comment on this post with the day you want to post your fic. You can tell me which summary/pairing you're going with, but you don't have to. You can also ask me to assign you a summary, if you want. (You don't need a Dreamwidth to play - just comment with OpenID, although you will need to ask me to post your fic on the com. If you are on DW, please follow the community!)
2. Choose a M&B/Harlequin summary (or two etc) - we have hundreds of suggestions here
, but there are literally thousands. Our prompt generator
is even biggerer and betterer than last year! (thank you john_amend_all
) You can write more than one fic, if you want. You can also combine prompts, if you like.
3. Replace the names (and pronouns if necessary) with the names (and pronouns) of the pairing of your choice. Any any all fandoms and pairings are welcome in this fest.
You can also replace place names and
jobs as long as you keep to the spirit of the prompt. So, if you want to write Kirk/Spock, but you don't want to write a modern day AU, you could replace 'the Sahara desert' with 'a desert planet' and Kirk wouldn't need to be the boss at a law firm, he could be the boss... in the sense that he's the captain.
4. Write a fic based on your altered summary. You can take the prompt seriously or use it as an improbable basis for lols.
4.5. Pimp the fest far and wide.
I'm hardly going to do this at all, so it's up to you - the players! I've re-uploaded the make-your-own banners
and of course you can use any that I've already made.
But please do pimp where ever you think would be appropriate.
5. Post the fic to this community on your assigned day. Use the header provided.
You can also post to our AO3 collection
, but please post to the com whatever you do, and please post to the com first
You can see some examples of Unconventional Courtship fic by looking through the collection, or earlier in the com.
Fics for all! I'll post a masterlist once all the entries are in. Crossposting is encouraged.
Any questions? Leave a comment or PM me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Rules:
1. All fics must be over 1,000 words long.
2. You must use a modified Mills & Boon and/or Harlequin summary.
3. You don't have to use a beta, but it is strongly advised.
4. Please use the following header (or similar - the AO3 share function is fine) when you post to the community:
5. Please post on your assigned day. If you can't for whatever reason, please let me know either by PM or email email@example.com
6. You can use this fic for another challenge i.e. trope_bingo
7. You can sign up for any day you like, but if it is possible for you to sign up for a day that nobody else is interested in then that'd be best of all.( Days for posting )
If you have questions, feel free to ask! And/or consult the FAQs from last year, which are still mostly accurate.